Processes for events and payment schedules

Discussions about My.SCOUT, My.GUIDE & My.BB

Processes for events and payment schedules

Postby Paul Timms » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 pm

I set up a new event (a camp) for which I wanted to get an idea of numbers. I sent out the invitation and some Scouts and a couple of leaders said yes, a few said no, and some are still set as invited.

Now I have set up a payment schedule for the deposit for this camp, and added it to the event. However this column within the event was blank. I had to put the cursor into the Attending column of each Scout and then it changed the payment column to "Payment Required" or "Payment Not Required" for those who had replied as Yes or No. But I also clicked into the Attending field for my own name, which then set my status to Payment Required and I received an e-mail requesting payment, even though I'm set up as a leader.

I have some questions.

1. When setting up an event and sending invitations before adding a payment schedule, is there a way to add the payment schedule to the event without having to go into and out of each record, and without the leaders being asked to pay?

2. Is there a way to send another invitation to those who have been invited but haven't responded?

3. The e-mail requesting payment came from the e-mail address in Global Email Settings, which happens to be our GSL's e-mail. Parents are then replying to this and he's having to forward the replies back to me. Is there a way to set up a "per section" from address for automated e-mails?

Many thanks

Paul
Paul Timms
OSM: Scouts

Re: Processes for events and payment schedules

Postby Robert Gauld » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 am

1. No, setup the payments before inviting people. Changing the payment processing to manual for leaders will stop them having the payment marked as due.

2. You could set those Scouts to blank and then back to invited but OSM will send reminder emails out for you anyway. You'll need to look in settings to see how often.

3. The from address is set per section, go into settings to change it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
If asked to contact OSM Support click "Help > Contact Us > Account related", then select your section in the drop-down and give as much detail as possible.
@RobertGauld
Creator of OSM Extender
CSL @27thAbdnCubs
Robert Gauld

Postby Paul Timms » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks Robert

1. The issue is that I didn't know the payment schedule before sending out the invitations. I suppose I could have set one up with an initial "deposit" of £0, not sure if this is possible. I did change the leaders to "Payment not required" but clicking in and out of the Yes field in the Attending column changed it back to Payment Required and immediately sent an e-mail to the leader. Surely if the Attending field has not changed in value, it should not change the status of the payment schedule column? Also, would it not be possible to default leaders to not require payment for every event? If we do pay anything then it's normally a lot less than the Scouts.

2. I set the "inviteds" back to blank and then sent the invitation again. The setting in My.Scout is set to not send out event reminders but I don't have access to change this (yet).

3. I can't find any settings to set up a "from" address per section, only a global address. There is a section-specific e-mail address in Settings>>E-mail System but as far as I'm aware this is the address that e-mails should be sent to, as it then distributes them to everyone in that section. I can send from my personal address to this section address and I get a copy of the e-mail back, showing it has come from my address and not the global one. But payment reminders come from the global address.
Paul Timms
OSM: Scouts

Postby Robert Gauld » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:56 pm

1. When you add a payment to an event you get a column for the payment plus a column to select between manual/automatic control of the payments, that's where to choose manual.

3. It's in the My.SCOUT settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
If asked to contact OSM Support click "Help > Contact Us > Account related", then select your section in the drop-down and give as much detail as possible.
@RobertGauld
Creator of OSM Extender
CSL @27thAbdnCubs
Robert Gauld

Return to My.SCOUT, My.GUIDE & My.BB