Make a Rain Shaker
Make a Rain Shaker (or Rainstick) using tubes, rice, pasta, foil and tape !
Card board tube - the longer the tube the more rain sound you are going to get - Crisp tubes, kitchen paper tubes or poster tubes are all good.
Rice and or Pasta
Two sheets of aluminium foil.
card board (2x circles to seal the ends of the tube)
Marker pens and or stickers
1. Get the cardboard tube and decorate the outside of it with the marker pens and or stickers.
2. Seal one end of the tube by taping a card circle over one end. If you use Crisp Tubes they come with a resealable lid and so this step isn't needed.
2. Fold each sheet of aluminium foil into a long thin tube and spiral them together like a double helix and place in tube - they can be taped in position. They act as barriers to the movement of the rice and pasta.
3. Place a few handfuls of rice and pasta into the tube.
4. Seal the other end of the tube by taping another card circle over it. If you use Crisp Tubes they come with a resealable lid and so this step isn't needed, just put the lid on the tube.
- Global Challenge
- musical instrument
- Creative - Construction
- International - Learn
- Skills - Creative activity
- World - Foreign activity