Good activity to start an evening near Bonfire Night
- Put the YP at the end of the hall and give each YP a key word from the list on the story. If possible, you should print and copy the list of key words so that there is enough for every YP so they don't have to remember their word
- Explain to the YP that you will read out the story about the Gunpowder Plot, and when they hear their keyword, they should get up, run to the other end of the hall.
- Each word comes up in the reading 5 or 6 times except Guy Fawkes which can be used for everyone to run.
- The story is quite short, and you may have to pause to allow them to run the length of the hall.
With a little imagination the story can be lengthened, it will get quite hectic with all the YP running back and forth but they love it.
- Although this can be played outside, it's likely to be dark due to the time of year Bonfire Night happens
- beliefs and Attitudes
- bonfire night
- guy fawkes
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements