Investigating a National/World Issue
Working in Patrols to discuss national or world issues
1. Explain that they will be thinking about national and local issues, which will contribute to their Promise (and possibly Global Challenge)
2. Split the Troop into their Patrols.
3. Get them to draw a mind map of a particular issue of interest to them.
e.g. Climate change, smoking, education, health service changes, current affairs, war etc.
4. After 20 minutes, join up 2 patrols to present top each other what they have discussed.
- Global - Investigation
- Promise - Investigate issue