Yogurt Pot Cress Heads
Using plastic cups or yogurt cartons, fill with wet cotton wool. Push a few cress seeds into the wool and leave to grow.
• Plants make the food they need to grow from sunlight, water and a gas called Carbon Dioxide
• Making food this way is called photosynthesis
• Without water and light, the plants cannot make the food they need and will not grow properly
• Eventually, the plants will die without water and light.
Plastic cups or yogurt pots
Stickers to decorate pots
Using plastic cups or yogurt cartons, fill with wet cotton wool. Push a few cress seeds into the wool and leave to grow. 10 mins
You can then leave some in the dark or light, with or without water. Look at the effects those conditions had on the cress. 5 mins
- cress heads
- Experiment - Experiment
- Gardener - Growing plants
- Gardener - Help
- Gardener - Record
- Scientist - Cress