Six Halloween challenges - Cubs compete to earn points
* Halloween resource sheets
* All equipment as listed on games notes below (NOTE: You can tweak them as required and substitute food-types etc.)
* Prizes for winning Six plus a treat for everyone taking part
Cubs work in their Sixes all together for each game (Note: All expect the relay race can be done in 'stations' if you have enough adult helpers/leaders to supervise). They have up to 10 minutes to complete each activity. They earn points as they complete activities - the winning Six is the one with the most points at the end of the evening. Plus fancy dress (optional)
The Games: (You can tweak them as required substitute food-types etc.)
1. Zombie Brains!
- NEED: Jam donut per Cub, plates, stopwatch.
- Each Zombie (Cub) must eat the 'brain' (donut) without using their hands and without licking their lips! Team to do it in the fastest time wins 4 points, 2nd fastest 3 points, 3rd fastest 2 points, 4th fastest 1 point
2. The Great Bogie Challenge
- NEED: grapes and and two markers about 2 metres apart
- Each Cub must stand by one marker and try to catch a 'bogie' (grape) in their mouth thrown by another Cub at the second marker, in their mouth. 5 grapes per Cub - 1 point per grape caught. Most caught 4 points and so on...
3. Bone Crunch
- NEED: cream crackers, stopwatch, water for afterwards
- Cubs must eat 3 cream crackers (bones) without taking a drink - team to do it in the fastest time wins 4 points, 2nd fastest 3 points, 3rd fastest 2 points, 4th fastest 1 point
4. Marshmallow Tower
- NEED: Marshmallows
- Each team has 3 goes to build the highest tower out of marshmallows - Cubs take it in turns to add a marshmallow to the tower, Leader keeps score of the number of marshmallows that have been used BEFORE it collapses. 4 points for the team with the highest tower, then 3 etc...
5. Eyeball Race
- NEED: teaspoon per team, eyeball per Cub (bouncy ball eyeballs or sweet eyeballs), Neckers for blindfolds
- All Teams go together. Each team splits so one half is at one end of the hall, and the rest at the other. The first Cub to go is blindfolded and has to carry his/her eyeball on a spoon to a teammate opposite. They then swap blindfolds, spoon and eyeball and the team mate goes back the other way. Winning team gets 4 points etc. All Cubs get an eyeball to keep - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
- food games
- halloween games
- scary games
- team game
- Promise - Help another