A race to complete as many Scouting activities as possible in a set time.
The BADEN RACE 2012 - Earn Badens (Scout Money) for each task.
COMPLETE AS MANY CHALLENGES AS POSSIBLE IN ANY ORDER IN THE TIME AVAILABLE. CAN YOU WORK AS A TEAM WHEN TIME IS SHORT?
P â€“ patrol challenges, I â€“ individual challenges
NO CHALLENGE KIT
1. Name the Parts of a Boat â€“ rowing and sailing dinghies (P) Fill in the worksheet 25
2. Describe how to use a trangia stove and gas stove(P) 60
3. Demonstrate a good arm sling (I) Scarf 50
4. Demonstrate 6 good Scout knots and a lashing (P) 4 pieces of rope and 2 poles 50
5. Draw a sketch map of Surbiton showing local facilities (P) Paper and pens 25
6. Recite both the Scout Promise and the Law precisely from memory (I) Promise and Law worksheet 25 each
7. Set a map (I) Map, Compass 25 each
8. Draw the UK Union Flag (I) Paper, pens 25 each
9. Carry out colours flawlessly (P) Flag, Pipe 50
10. Complete two laps around the block as a patrol (P) A leader must go with you 50
11. Demonstrate DRABC and how to get help (P). Worksheet 50 each
12. Demonstrate how to put a casualty into the Recovery Position (P) None 50 each