Astronomers Week 3
Discuss the moon, its phases, eclipses, etc
Sheet of moon phases, telescope, binoculars?
If a projector or screen is available, the attached powerpoint presentation could also be used.
1. Discuss homework set from last week.
2. Discuss moon phases and why they occur.
3. Discuss moon facts: - tides, eclipses, orbit, how formed, men on the moon, how long to get there! etc.
4. Outside - hopefully, there'll be a visible moon (half-moon is good for obsevation as you get a real good idea of the craters, etc on the shadow line) and you can set up telescope and Cubs can use binoculars if available.
- astronomy moon
- Astronomer - Investigation
- Astronomer - Moon