100g (40z) flour
Pinch of salt
300ml (1/2 pint) fresh milk
15ml (1tbsp) melted butter (optional)
Melt butter or oil for frying
1. Sift Flour and salt into a bowl. Break in egg.
2. Gradually add half the milk, beating to form a smooth batter.
3. pour in remaining milk, and beat until quite smooth. stir in melted butter.
4. Lightly brush base of a 20.5cm (8inch) frying pan with melted butter. stand over a medium heat.
5. when pan and butter are hot, pour in 45ml (3tbsp) of batter tilting pan to cover base.
6. Cook until pancake moves freely, turn and cook until golden.
7. repeat with remaining batter.