Recipe for making/cooking dampers
300g self-raising flour
Â½ tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 cup milk
+ camp fire
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the salt and sugar.
2. Work the butter into the mixture until it forms a fine crumble, then gradually add the milk to form a soft dough.
3. Knead on a floured surface until pliable.
4. Divide the mixture into 20 balls, roll each into a long, fat sausage, then coil around a stick and toast over the fire.
5. Allow to cool slightly, remove from the stick and dip in jam / choc spread / sprinkles