Introduction to Route Cards
Report Copyright Infringement
View in OSM UK View in OSM NZ
Introduction to Route Planning
Completed Route Card, Maps, Blank Simplified Route Cards
1. Explain to the YP what a Route Card is and why it is important.
2. Briefly explain how to complete a route card.
3. Hand out blank simplified route cards and get the YP to decide on a short journey (starting from home or the scout hut to a place of their choice) and then create a route card.
4. Ask them to draw a simple map on the back of the card to illustrate their route
- hike preparation
- route card
- route plan
- Navigator - Compass routes
- Navigator - Coordinates
- Navigator - Distance and time
- Navigator - Map
- Navigator - Route
- Navigator - Setting and references
Rainbow, Brownie, Guide and Senior Section leaders should visit Online Guide Manager.
© 2011, 2016 Online Youth Manager Ltd.