Introduction to Route Cards
Introduction to Route Planning
Completed Route Card, Maps, Blank Simplified Route Cards
1. Explain to the YP what a Route Card is and why it is important.
2. Briefly explain how to complete a route card.
3. Hand out blank simplified route cards and get the YP to decide on a short journey (starting from home or the scout hut to a place of their choice) and then create a route card.
4. Ask them to draw a simple map on the back of the card to illustrate their route
- hike preparation
- route card
- route plan
- Navigator - Compass routes
- Navigator - Coordinates
- Navigator - Distance and time
- Navigator - Map
- Navigator - Route
- Navigator - Setting and references