Look at their Heart beats and see what happens when they do some exercise and then are still again
7 hoola hoops
1. Explain to the Beavers that this activity is part of their Health and Fitness badge, and also about doing their best as part of the Beaver Promise. It doesn't matter if they can't do all the exercises, what matters is that they try.
2. Talk to the Beavers about their hearts and what it does. ( Pumps blood in the body). Ask the Beavers what they think influences heart rate? Answers: Activities you're doing, how fit you are, air temperature, body position (standing up or lying down, for example), emotions, body size.
3. Get them to feel for their pulse rate - either on their wrists, or side of their necks.
They don't actually have to count their pulse rate as this can be difficult to do. But they should be able to feel it. If they can't on themselves, see if they can feel it on another beaver .
4. Get the beavers to 3 press ups.
5. Get them to feel for the pulse rates again - what changes have they noticed?
6. Get the beavers to try to hoola hoop
7. Get them to feel for the pulse rates again - what changes have they noticed?
8. Get the beavers to do 20 star jumps
9. Get them to feel for the pulse rates again - what changes have they noticed?
10. Explain we exercise to keep the heart healthy.
- fitness Challenge
- Health and Fitness - Heart
- Skills - Exercise