Look at their Heart beats and see what happens when they do some exercise and then are still again
1. talk to the Beavers about their hearts and what it does.
Q: What influences heart rate?
A: Activities you're doing
How fit you are
Body position (standing up or lying down, for example)
2. Get them to feel for their pulse rate - either on their wrists, or side of their necks
3. Get the beavers to run around the hall for a few minutes - until you can see that they are starting to breath a bit harder.
4. Get them to feel for the pulse rates again - can they feel it more easily? is it faster?
5. Let them do some thing else and then measure their rate again - has it changed again?
They don't actually have to count their pulse rate as this can be difficult to do. But they should be able to feel it. If they can't on themselves, see if they can feel it on another beaver or a leader.