Introduction at beginning of evening to discuss different types of disability and adaptations help enable people with disabilities. Bring in visual aids for Cubs to look at and help their understanding.
Ask Cubs to suggest different disabilities and adaptations, for example;
Blindness - Guide dog, braile, talking books, white stick
Deafness - Hearing dog, Flashing light equipment, hearing aids, subtitles, sign language
Physical Disability - Wheelchair/mobility scooter, lifting aids, walking stick, lifting aids
Learning Disability - Support assistance, communication aids, IT
Where possible use visual aids to help understanding and learning.
- Disability Awareness
- Disability Awareness, hearing, charity, global challenge, deaf, sign language
- Communicator - Disabilities
- Disability Awareness - Aids
- Disability Awareness - Explain
- Disability Awareness - Guide dogs
- Disability Awareness - Hearing equipment
- Disability Awareness - Reading