Girls are to practice lighting fires and cooking simple dishes.
-Kindling/ Fire lighter
-Washing up liquid
1. Girls are to set up their fire, collect their equipment and ensure that their site is secure. Girls must ensure they have a bucket of water to hand.
2. Prepare food for cooking, this should be completed in the kitchen and overseen by the patrol leader.
3. Light a fire (no more than half a fire lighter to be used) patrol leaders to instruct younger patrol members on how to do this correctly.
4. Girls to watch fire and cook dishes.
6. Patrol leaders to instruct girls on how to pack away correctly. All equipment must be washed up and put away. Fire should not be moved until it is cool and girls must ensure they wear gloves when doing this.
*THE PATROL LEADERS MUST USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH YOUNGER MEMBERS OF THEIR PATROLS KEY SKILLS FOR OUTDOOR COOKING.