Day visit to an RAF centre where Cubs can investigate, learn and have fun.
One of the 'Cub Year Of Adventure 2015' activities
There are two RAF museums here in the UK which will allow you to visit and experience the wonders of aircrafts FREE of charge.
Visit http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/ to plan your visit.
Advise the pack that you will be taking them to the RAF museum and that they will get to learn about the different types of aircrafts and what they were used for and how they were used.
Organise transport – to and from the museum.
Request parental consent (as this will be a meeting outside of the usual meeting place). Remember to do an InTouch form and risk assessment.
You could also visit the following:
- South Yorkshire Air Museum Doncaster
- City Of Norwich Aviation Museum Norfolk
- Dumfries & Galloway Aviation Museum Scotland
- Duxford (Imperial War Museum), Cambridgeshire
- Farnborough Air Sciences Trust Hampshire
- Fleet Air Arm Museum Somerset
- Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum Suffolk
- Nottingham East Midlands Airport Aeropark Nottinghamshire
- RAF Museum Hendon London
- Yorkshire Air Museum North Yorkshire
Check your ratios and supervision and plan for alternatives.