This is a great activity to get the Cubs’ mouths watering and get them using their imagination.
One of the 'Cub Year Of Adventure 2015' activities
Use underground produce such as carrots, parsnips, potatoes, swede
1. Divide the Cubs into teams.
2. Provide the Cubs with a selection of food that is grown underground and above ground.
3. They have just 10mins to select the items they believe are grown underground.
4. Once the correct ingredients have been sorted they now have to make a meal out of the underground items for their parents.
5. Each team serves their meal to their parents at the end of the meeting.
Tip: Root vegetables can take while to cook, so pre boil to cut down the cooking time.
- Underground Activities
- Year of Adventure
- Chef - Meal