A tracking game to learn tracking symbols
1) Divide the Beaver scouts into pairs
2) Each pair is then allocated a table, some stones and some cocktail sticks
3) Each pair then has 10 minutes to design a trail using tracking symbols made from the stones and cocktail sticks. They can use the pens and paper if they want to draw obstacles etc and the tracking symbol guide to get the correct symbols
4) After ten minutes each pair moves to a different table and all the tracking guides are removed. They then write down in words the track designed by the other group.
5) When they have completed this it is checked by a leader
6) You can move tables as often as you like until you feel they understand the symbols