This game can be used to explain how difficult it can be to protect endangered animals when the hunters hunt faster than the rangers can protect
1. Beaver Scouts scatter around the room.
2. The Leader explains that they are a group of elephants who are being stalked by hunters.
3. Choose two Beavers to be hunters and one to be a ranger.
4. THe hunters, armed with a beanbag, try to bring down the elephants by hitting them between their ankle and knee.
5. When an elephant is hit they sit down trunk up (hand in the air) until 'rescued' by a ranger (who touches their 'trunk') and they can rejoin the game.
6. Increase the number of hunters and rangers, but make sure there are always more hunters than rangers.
(Taken from Beaver Scout Games)