Astronomy night (Cubs)
Astronomer, various telescopes, binoculars & groundhseet or reclining garden chairs. Clear sky & low level of light pollution.
Ask Astronomer to:
- introduce Cubs to the night sky
- demonstrate how to use the equipment
- show most prominent constellations in the night's sky
- show & discuss features of the moon
- teach how to locate North star (Leader to add how to navigate using this star)
- teach difference between a plant & a star
- teach information about planets, comets, solar eclipses, northern lights, black holes, the moon etc. as explained in badge requirement. (Test/present is separate activity needed for the badge)
Needs separate activity to build/draw the solar system & present/test Cub knowledge learnt in last point above.
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements