Know how to stay safe in the sun
- Empty bottles of sun screen
- Old large t-shirts (The number of items required is dependent on how many groups you have)
This activity will help Brownies understand some basic steps they can take to protect themselves from the sun. The Brownies will learn the Slip, Slop, Slap rule for being out in the sun.
- Divide the Brownies into their Sixes and line them up at one end of the room
- Number each Six member 1,2,3,4 etc.
- The Leader calls out a number and either Slip, Slap or Slop
- If the Leader calls ‘Slip’ the Brownies whose number is called run to the end of the room and put on the t-shirts, take them off again and run back to their team
- If ‘Slop’ is called they run and pretend to slop on lots of sun cream
- If ‘Slap’ is called they run and put on hats
The first Brownie back to her team wins a point. The team with the most points wins.
This game can alternatively be done as a group game in a circle. All items are in the middle and Brownies have to run for them.