IGG GROW and FLY: Choice Challenge 10
Play a game of hopscotch
Outside area or an alternative area to mark and play hopscotch
The Ladybirds will learn the traditional children’s game hopscotch. Depending on the space/resources available, some Units will need chalk to draw the hopscotch outline outdoors while others may need to use markings indoors.
Draw a hopscotch design on the ground. (Picture of one is in the attached file)
Show the Ladybirds how to play the game.
1. The first person throws a stone or beanbag (the marker) onto square one.
2. You hop through the squares, skipping the one you have your marker on. The Ladybirds can only place one foot in each square.
3. The Ladybirds hop all the way to number ten and back again.
4. They pick up the marker on the way back and pass the marker to the next person.
5. You throw the marker onto number two during the next go and continue until number 10 is reached.
Depending on the number of hopscotch grids available, divide the Ladybirds into groups so that they can be as active as possible during the game.
- Taking turns
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements