Use real leaves to make interesting leaf prints on paper.
Leaves, Water-based Paint, Paper, Paintbrushes
1. Collect leaves of various shapes and sizes.
2. Cover your work area with a mat or with newspapers. Prepare different colours of paint on your palette. Position a leaf with its under-side facing up and paint on its entire surface.
3. Press the painted leaf onto sketch paper or construction paper.
4. Remove the leaf to reveal a beautiful leaf print.
5. Repeat the process using different colours and other leaf shapes.
6. You may even try painting different colours on one leaf to create a rainbow-coloured leaf print.
- Nature art
- painting activity
- Outdoors - Natural activity