Identify what a good friend is (Circle of Friends)
Lollipop Stick with good and bad statements
Copy of statements (Overleaf)
The Ladybirds will learn to identify what a good friend is.
Circle of Friends
• Ladybirds sit in a circle
• Each Ladybird is given a lollipop stick, each stick has a good or bad friend statement (See attached file)
• Leader helps each Ladybird read out their statement
• If the Ladybird feels the statement is the behaviour of a Good Friend
she jumps up and shout “good friend” and claps her hands
• If the Ladybird feels the answer is the behaviour of a Bad Friend
she stays sitting and shouts out “bad friend”
Leaders should have a general discussion with the Ladybirds before the game of what makes a good friend.
Debrief/Discussion Take a minute to debrief and reinforce the correct answers.
Make sure to praise the girls when they are correct
From Guiding Jewel Canada