IGG GROW: Compulsory Challenge 01
Plant something, take it home and watch it grow(Sprout house)
Sprout House Template
Ziploc plastic bags
Mung Bean Seeds
The Ladybirds can plant seeds and watch them grow.
Soak the seeds overnight, this will help them sprout sooner
1. Colour the Sprout House
2. Use 6/8 Cotton wool balls, wet them and place into the Ziploc
3. Gently place your seeds on top of the cotton wool.
4. Zip the bag shut and staple it to the sprout house
5. Tape the House to a window that gets lots of light and watch
your seeds “sprout”
6. You can unzip the bag to add some water, if you notice the
cotton wool is drying out.
Ladybird can bring in their Sprout houses the following week to see
what progress they have made.
Can we plant the sprouts out doors?
Yes, when they are big and strong enough.
Attachment /Template need for activity? Yes
- Growing bulbs
- Plants, grow, garden
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements