Backwoods Bannock Bread
1 & a half cups of plain flour.
1 cup of powdered milk. Half a tsp of baking powder. Half a tsp of sugar. Seasonal fruit/nuts/berries.
You will also need water & olive oil.
1 x frying pan. 1 x cup.
1 x spoon (for mixing the ingredients together)
1 x large ziplock food bag (to carry the dry ingredients in)
1. Make a good fire & let it die down to hot embers with no flame.
2. Put a small amount of oil in your frying pan & let it heat up on the embers.
3. Add half a cup of water to your dry ingredients & mix well together.
4. Add your seasonal fruits/nuts/berries. These could be picked when out on your walk. Be careful you know what you are eating!
5. Once mixed together, flatten the dough, making sure that it is no more than 2.5cm thick & place in the hot frying pan.
6. Fry the bread on both sides for about 7minutes or until golden.
7. Once cooked, break open with your hands & eat!
- backwoods Cooking
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements