Backwoods Pitta Bread Pizza
... Pizza on a pitta!
1 x pitta bread per person
Tomato purée (1 tube makes about 18 pizzas)
Cheese (to grate on top)
A selection of pre-cooked toppings or toppings that can be eaten raw, eg. sweetcorn, ham, pineapple, etc.
Butter (to stop the pitta bread burning)
Fire! (or cardboard oven)
Foil (enough to wrap each pizza)
2 x knifes (for spreading)
1 x cheese grater
Tongs/stick (to take pizzas off the fire)
1. Butter the underside of your pitta bread & place the buttered side onto a piece of foil.
2. Spread the top of the pitta bread with tomato purée & then sprinkle with grated cheese.
3. Decorate the top of your pizza with your chosen toppings for added flavour.
4. Loosely wrap the foil around your pizza.
5. Place on hot embers until the cheese has melted.
6. Once ready - Eat!
*Be careful - it will be HOT!*
- backwoods Cooking
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements