IGG INVESTIGATE and EXPLORE: Choice Challenge 39
39. Do an ‘energy audit’ at home (Owl Light Switch)
Owl Template (overleaf)
Laminator if available
This activity should help remind a Brownie to turn off lights.
This activity is a good follow up to the “Energy at Home” worksheet activity (See Page 172 Leader Journey Planner)
Owl Light Switch Cover
Photocopy the Owl template overleaf.
Brownies colour in their Owl
Using craft knife cut out beak
Give each Brownie a small amount of Blu-tack to help mount Owl around a light switch at home.
The importance of saving energy by turn off lights and unplugging other electrical equipment when not required
Acknowledgement/Sources Trefoil News
- Branch Weekend 2016
- Branch Weekend 2016 Brownies
- electrical Appliances
- Energy, Conservation, Electrical Appliances
- Interest Badge Brownie Safety in the Home
- Interest Badge Brownie Safety in the Home Option 06
- Northwest Regional Conference 2016
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements