Recognise at least 5 spring/summerwild flowers and give reasons whythey should not be picked ( Spring Flowers)
Depending on which activity choosen
3 separate activities to help the guides to identify spring flowers
3 separate games ( only one needs to be played)
Running to the flower picture -
• Give the guides a sheet with all the flower on it and allow them to look at it for approx. 5 mins
• Hang pictures on the wall
• Call the different flowers names out and get the girls to run to it last one to run is out.
Matching cards –
• One pack per group.
• Shuffle the cards.
• Lay out the cards face down.
• The first player chooses a card and carefully turns it over. Be sure not to bother the surrounding cards.
• The player then selects another card and turns it over. If the two cards are a matching pair for example two snowdrops then they take the two cards and start a stack. If the cards are not a match they are turned back over and it is now the next players turn.
• The group continues until all the cards have been matched.
Unscramble the words
• Print out the template per patrol
• Give the patrol a copy of the template and have then girls unscramble the names of the flowers.
• Hand out the answer sheets to check their answers.