Make a bubble snake. Bubbles usually only come as individual spheres of soap and water. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can get a whole bunch of bubbles in one cluster… but it always seems random. Luckily, we've found a spectacular way to create entires snakes made of bubbles and teach you how to make them in all the colors of the rainbow!
Empty plastic water bottle
Bowl of bubble solution
scissors / blade
Piece of fabric (similar to a washcloth or sock)
Liquid food coloring
1. Find a clean, empty plastic water bottle. Feel free to try any size bottle you want. Maybe the results will be something crazy!
2. Using a pair of scissors / blade (and adult supervision), carefully cut the bottom off of the plastic bottle.
3. Cover the freshly-cut hole with a piece of fabric that is similar to a washcloth or cotton sock. Use a rubber band to keep the fabric in place.
4. Dip the fabric-covered end of the bottle into the bowl of bubble solution.
5. Blow into the mouth of the plastic bottle and, before you know it, you'll be creating Bubble Snakes like a pro!
6. Let's take it up a notch by adding some color! Find some liquid food coloring in your favorite color(s). Add a few drops of the food coloring to the fabric on the end of your bottle. Get creative!
Dip the fabric in the bubble solution and give the bottle a blow… HOLY MOLY! You're creating some super colorful Bubble Snakes!
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements