Traffic Light Biscuits
Make Traffic Light Biscuits and Discuss the Different Traffic Lights
Makes 10 cookies:
• 175g/6oz plain flour
• 100g/4oz butter
• 50g/2oz caster sugar
• Red and green icing
• Small man-shaped cookie cutter
1. Mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in flour and knead into a ball. Add a sprinkle of flour if the dough is too sticky or a splash of milk if it’s too dry.
2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick and cut using cookie cutter.
3. Place biscuits on a floured or lined baking tray and bake at 150c/300f/gas mark 2 for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Let the biscuits cool on a wire tray.
5 . While Cooling Color in the Hand Out
6. Decorate with red or green icing.
5. Talk about what the different colours on traffic lights mean. Eat the biscuits!
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements