Make Traffic Light Biscuits and Discuss the Different Traffic Lights
Makes 10 cookies:
• 175g/6oz plain flour
• 100g/4oz butter
• 50g/2oz caster sugar
• Red and green icing
• Small man-shaped cookie cutter
1. Mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in flour and knead into a ball. Add a sprinkle of flour if the dough is too sticky or a splash of milk if it’s too dry.
2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick and cut using cookie cutter.
3. Place biscuits on a floured or lined baking tray and bake at 150c/300f/gas mark 2 for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Let the biscuits cool on a wire tray.
5 . While Cooling Color in the Hand Out
6. Decorate with red or green icing.
5. Talk about what the different colours on traffic lights mean. Eat the biscuits!