IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Drug Awareness Option 01
The WAGGGS Drug Awareness Code says ‘Stop, think and decide to say NO to drugs’ Make a short advertisement to promote this
regard to drugs
This Badge has 4 options of which 4 must be completed
This activity helps to raise Guides’ awareness of substance abuse and to look at how the media portray Alcohol, Drugs and Tobacco
• Ask the girls to collect pictures and articles relating to any form of substance abuse.
• Ask them to make a scrapbook of their findings. (This could be done in advance over the previous week).
• Each Patrol should pool their scrapbooks and discuss their findings (see discussion points).
• From their findings ask them to write a 60 second public service advertisement that is against substance abuse.
• When they are writing this advertisement they should think of the points below to help them.
• To whom the advertisement is directed?
• The image portrayed e.g. romantic, macho, athletic, and glamorous.
• What need is being addressed?
• Is it a realistic portrayal of life?
- drug awareness
- healthy body
- Healthy mind
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements