Plan meals for different occasions that are well balanced, nutritious, interesting and suitable for the occasion.
This activity is to plan meals for different occasions that are well balanced, nutritious, interesting and suitable for the occasion.
• Give each group a different event to plan a meal for.
• They must write up the menu, outline the preparation needed for preparing and cooking the meal.
• A full shopping list with amounts required should be prepared.
• Give details of how you would decorate the table suitable for the occasion.
(1) You plan to invite four friends to your home at Christmas time for an evening meal
(2) Four foreign students are invited for a typical three course Irish meal in your home.
(3) You are planning a buffet meal to celebrate your Birthday. You must include a hot savoury dish and a cold sweet. You have acceptances from twenty people.
(4) Your friends are vegetarian and you have invited four of them for a three course meal on St.Valentine’s day.