IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Healthy Mind Option 05
Identify what stress is, how it is caused, and signs of stress in ourselves.
Flip Chart & markers.
“Signs of stress” quiz for each girl
To develop and practice having a positive mental attitude
This Badge has 7 options of which 7 must be completed
To help the Guides discover what stress is, how it is caused and to identify signs of stress in ourselves.
Ask Guides to think back to a recent time when they felt anxious, upset or disturbed. Ask them to remember what caused them to feel that way? How did they feel? How did they react? And what did they do about the feelings? Ask them to fill out the “Signs of stress” quiz.
Now get them to try and discover what causes stress in their lives.
Questions to address:
1. What do they like doing that causes stress?
2. What do they not like doing that causes stress?
3. What do they like doing that causes no stress?
4. What makes them feel fed-up or bored?
5. Put the stress diagram up on a flip chart and ask the girls to come up with their own good and bad stress levels.
- Healthy mind
- interest badge
- positive mental attitude
- stress management
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements