IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Healthy Friendship Option 01
Examine how people can care for one others (Impact of bullying plus Jill's Story)
A4 size sheet of paper per Brownie
To have a deeper understanding of how to be a good friend
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
An activity to help Brownies understand how bullying affects a person
• Give each Brownie an A4 size sheet of paper.
• Ask them to crumple it up, stomp on it and really mess it up, but do not rip it.
• Next ask them to unfold the paper, smooth it out and look at how scarred and dirty it is.
• Ask each Brownie to tell their paper they are sorry
Leader then explains even though they said they were sorry and tried to fix the paper all the scars/folds are left behind.
It doesn’t matter how often we say sorry to the paper the scars will never go away no matter how hard we try to fix the paper.
This is what happens when someone bullies another person. The bully may be really sorry but the scars are there forever.
Why not use Jill’s Being Bullied story (see overleaf) as a follow up to the above activity?
- bully Free Zone
- friendship, anti-bullying
- good friend
- Healthy Friendship
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements