Aim: To make a stained glass window hanger, depicting Mary and Joseph. A good Christmas Craft idea suitable for any size group. Taken from the BB Juniors Pro Pack CR-33
• OHP slides or acetates
• OHP pens, permanent ink pens work best
• Hole punch
• Cotton thread
• Compass and pencil
1. Copy the template onto OHP slides, cut the OHP slides in half with the stained glass image on each half.
2. Colour in with OHP pens leaving the outer ring blank.
3. Cut out the stained glass to the edge of the outer circle.
4. Using a compass and pencil, draw a circle 140mm in diameter onto card; thicker card works best for this. Draw another circle 110mm in diameter inside the first circle. Cut out the centre to leave a hoop of card 140mm in diameter.
5. Repeat the above, each piece of stain glass will need two cardboard hoops, 140 mm in diameter.
The dimensions of the circles are important, leaders may need to help some boys; or alternatively you might want to prepare these hoops beforehand.
6. Apply glue to one side of the cardboard hoop, and place the stained glass OHP slide on top of the hoop making sure the image is straight.
7. Apply glue to the other cardboard hoop, and carefully place this over the top of the OHP slide so that you have a sandwich of: cardboard hoop/OHP slide/cardboard hoop.
8. Using a hole punch, make a hole at the top of the stained glass.
9. Tie approximately 150 mm of cotton thread to the top.
The stained glass can now be hung in a window to catch the light.
Other images could be copied onto OHP slides and used in the same way
For full details see BB Juniors Pro Pack CR-33