Understand happy and sad feelings.
Signs saying “HAPPY” and “NOT HAPPY
• Put the “HAPPY” sign up on one wall and the “NOT HAPPY” sign on the other wall.
• Explain that you are going to call out statements describing different situations.
• If the girls feel happy in that situation they should go to the “HAPPY” sign, but if they don’t like it, they should go to the “NOT HAPPY” sign, and if they don’t know they should stay in the middle.
• During the exercise give the girls a chance to discuss their choices
• Going to school
• Saying something in front of everyone in class
• Talking to the teacher
• Meeting new people
• Playing games
• Going to the doctor
• Going on a journey
• Staying at a friend’s house