CR32 Mouse Finger Puppets
Aim: A fun craft activity to make finger puppet. Taken from the BB Anchors Pro Pack CR-32
• White card
• Pink paper or gummed squares
• 2 pipe cleaners
• Black bead
• 2 goggle eyes for each mouse (black beads could be used)
• Colouring pens/pencils
• Compass and Pencil
• Ruler • 5cm of thin string
• Using the compass and pencil, draw a circle on the white card approx 18cms in diameter. Draw a line across the circle into quarters.
• Cut out the circle and then cut in half, give 2 quarters to each young person (this could be done by the leader in preparation).
• Cut the two quarters, each quarter will make one mouse puppet.
• Carefully roll one of the quarters into a cone to make the body of the mouse, glue one edge and overlap to hold.
• Make a hole near the top of the cone (mouse head) and insert two short lengths of pipe cleaners (approx 4.5cm) in the hole to make the whiskers.
• Make a hole at the bottom of the cone and cut length of pipe cleaner (approx 8cm) and insert into hole. Pipe cleaner will hold in place as the tail is folded back on itself.
• Glue a small black bead to the top of the cone, to make the nose.
• Next, glue two goggle eyes just below the nose, you can buy goggle eyes from a craft shop. Alternatively, use two black beads or draw the eyes with a felt tipped pen.
• Cut two small circles of pink paper, to make ears. Glue both ears onto the mouse.
• Glue 5cm of thin string to make the tail.
When dry, the puppets can be used by placing them on the ends of fingers.
For full details see the BB Anchors Pro Pack CR32
- craft activity
- finger pupets
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements