Children nowadays get very little exercise. Most children are driven to school and to all their activities by parents and minders. They spend a lot of time looking at television and playing computer games and not as much time playing outside in the fresh air with their friends. For some children the only activity they have is going to their Guide meetings. So it is important to include lots of active running around games in your Guide programme.
In this Interest Badge we want to stress:
1. The importance of exercise.
2. Why we need to exercise.
3. What exercise does for our bodies.
4. The importance of warming up before exercise
5. The necessity of cooling down and stretching out after exercise
6. To encourage physical exercise
This Badge has 3 options of which 3 must be completed. Option 3 has 15 sub headings of which four must be completed.