M2-4 Number Games
Aim: To use games to make maths fun. Introduction: Number games have a great impact on children and provide benefits that will help foster a positive and enjoyable attitude to maths. Using games will help children to understand basic concepts in a fun and interesting way. Taken from the BB Anchors Pro Pack M-2-4
• House Numbers templates
• Colouring Pens/Pencils
• Up To 10 template
Activity 1 - House Number Puzzle
Aim: To use puzzle games to have fun with adding and sequences.
Print out the puzzle sheets.
• Give each child a house number print out
• Firstly they need to work out which numbers are missing and label the houses with the missing numbers between 1-9.
• Then they need to cut out all the houses and stick them onto a piece of paper in the right order.
• Once they have done this they can colour them in.
Activity 2 - Number Groups
Aim: To use a fun game to help with adding up.
• Tell the children to run around the hall.
• When you blow the whistle the children must listen to how many times you blew it and form groups of that number
• Give them plenty of time and start off slowly.
Activity 3 - Odd And Even And Up To 10 !
Aim: To think about odd and even numbers and to try to add up to ten with missing numbers.
Print out the template.
• Give each child a template.
• Give those who struggle a clue for the first one
• If any finish before the others they can make a worksheet to test you out.
For full details see the BB Anchors Pro Pack M2-4
- number fun
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements