Aim: To learn about Christmas. Taken from the BB Anchors Pro Pack S-10
• Question sheets
Read or tell the Christmas story before using the quiz.
This activity can be done individually, in pairs or small teams.
This simple strategy is a good way of getting all the young people to take part:
• Each boy/pair/small team needs a pencil and a piece of paper that has already been numbered.
• He/they need to write either T or F (for true or false) or simply tick or cross to indicate whether the sentence is true or false, right or wrong.
• Swap the answer sheets, so that no one has their own answer sheet and then ask the children to answer the questions out loud.
• To avoid reading and writing, this could be also conducted by leader reading questions and young people holding up cards with ‘T’ or ‘F’.
1. The angel Gabriel visited Mary. (T)
2. Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem. (T)
3. Mary and Joseph stayed at the inn. (F)
4. Joseph was born in the stable. (F)
5. The angel told the shepherds to go to Jerusalem. (F)
6. The shepherds saw baby Jesus. (T)
7. The wise men followed the star. (T)
8. The wise men brought gifts of gold, frankincense and mice. (F)
9. The wise men saw Jesus. (T)
10. Christmas is when we celebrate Jesus’ birthday. (T)
For full details see BB Anchors Pro Pack S10