37 Blooming Marvellous
Challenge: Plant some bulbs that will flower in a recognisable shape. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 37
Locate a suitable area / site to plant the bulbs. There maybe a flowerbed in your locality that the local council would allow you to use for this challenge so it is worth exploring That option. Alternatively there may be a flowerbed in your church grounds which could be used.
• Create a design of the shape you would like. It could be a simple word or shape.
• Find bulbs that will flower in the colours of your design. Make sure that they will all flower at the same time. It is recommended that you take advice from your local garden centre or an experienced gardener.
• Get other members of your SB Company to be involved in the maintenance of the flowerbed.
• You could invite the local press, TV or Radio stations when the recognisable shape’ comes into bloom to gain some good publicity for your efforts and your BB Company.
Tips / Advice:
• Secure a suitable flowerbed first.
• Seek advice on what to plant and when to plant.
• Ensure suitable maintenance of the flowerbed.
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 37
- Bulb planting
- challenge Plus
- flower arranging
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements