Challenge: Perfect and perform a simple magic trick. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 40
• Monopoly money
• Cheesy background music
Teach yourself a trick and then perform it to anyone who will watch. See if they can work out how you did it.
Look on the internet for other ideas, or just try the one below.
Money Making Trick
• Get 4 notes (monopoly money will work fine) and 4 pieces of paper cut to exactly the same size.
• Then get another piece of paper with a note glued half way to it.
• Place the rest of the money on the money side.
• Fold in half and unfold the piece of paper glued to the note.
• Make sure the money is hiding behind it and put the pieces of paper on top.
For the trick:
• Show to the audience both sides of the pieces of paper one by one (except the last). • Place the paper back on top and fold in half. Make sure that you don’t show the bills, do this by covering them with your hand.
• Then as you turn your hand snap your fingers, revealing the money. Unfold and as you did with the paper show the audience both sides of the notes (except the last one).
Tips / Advice:
Practice makes perfect! It’s important that you know what you are doing and are well rehearsed.
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 40