Using the attached resource, an activity to plan the suitable layout of a campsite.
- Print of the attached resource, either one per person or one per patrol
- Either explain the principles of good campsite layout before getting going, or allow the Scouts to plot out their campsite with no guidance
- Cut out the individual items and arrange on the page in the appropriate places
- After the Scouts have designed their campsite, ask questions about why certain things are in their places. How could the design be improved? What difference does the wind direction mean?
- Once the perfect campsite has been designed, stick the items to the page with glue or blu-tac and keep for future reference