IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Healthy Friendship Option 02
Recognise and appreciate differences in others and identify ways to treat people with respect (Wind Blows game)
• Arrange the chairs in a circle, facing the middle.
• All of the Brownies sit down
• An Leader stands outside the circle and calls out
"A great wind blows for everyone who....” fills in the blank with a statement that will affect some of the group (see ideas below).
• Anyone who is affected must stand up and find another chair which is at least 2 chairs away from their own.
• If a large group of Brownies stand up, the Leader should quickly remove one of the chairs from the circle as soon as the Brownies stand up and begin moving.
• Any Brownie who cannot find a chair moves outside the circle and helps the Leader come up with ideas for the next "great wind blows".
Here are some ideas:
• A great wind blows for everyone who has a little brother
• A great wind blows for everyone who has a big sister
• A great wind blows for everyone who has been to France
• A great wind blows for everyone who has a dog
• A great wind blows for everyone who ate cornflakes for breakfast this morning
• A great wind blows for everyone who likes (celebrity)
- Healthy Friendship
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements