Challenge: Fill a shoe box full of presents for Operation Christmas Child. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 79
• Shoe box
• Christmas wrapping paper
Operation Christmas Child is an annual project that enables individuals and organisations to fill shoe boxes with gifts for children around the world.
• Find an empty medium-size shoe box.
• Wrap the lid and box separately in wrapping paper.
• Decide if your gift is for a boy or girl. Obtain a sticker from vwsamaritanspurse.uk.com and tick the appropriate age box on the boy or girl sticker.
• Stick the label to the outside of the lid — on the top right as you would a stamp on a letter.
• All the shoe box with the gifts, but do not wrap any items individually and ensure that all items are new.
• The website vw.operationchhstrnaschild.org.uk tells you all the information you need and ensures that all the items you pick are appropriate.
• Complete your details on the donation form and enclose £2 towards distribution, transport, processing and promotion (cheques should be made payable to “Samaritan’s Purse”). Place the donation with the form in an envelope and seal it (alternatively pay for your donation online). Place your donation envelope or online donation slip on top of the contents so that it will be clearly visible when the box is opened.
• Please secure the lid with an elastic band, and DO NOT seal the box as it will need to be checked to ensure it meets Customs requirements.
Tips / Advice:
• For more information go to .operationchristmaschild.org.uk. Here you will be able to....
— Download a helpful PowerPoint presentation that explains gift ideas and how to pack your box.
— See how this makes a difference. Read stories of children who have received shoe boxes.
— Watch the Operation Christmas Child Video for 2007.
Individuals and small groups — After the 2nd October you will be able to find details of your nearest Drop-Off Point at www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk
Oxfordshire - Vale and South Area - Drop off at The Ridgeway Church, Wallingford
for full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 79