Challenge: Learn and take part in a winter sport at a ski centre. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 92
• Full-length sleeves & trousers, gloves — to protect you as the ski slope surface can burn you!
• Warm clothing if outdoors.
• You can usually hire equipment for a small fee.
Although we don’t get much snow, this doesn’t mean you can’t take part in winter sports.
• Where is your local ski centre (e.g. dry ski slope)?
• Find out what sports you can take part in? e.g. skiing, snowboarding, sledging etc.
• Is it indoors or outdoors?
• Do they provide equipment and instruction?
• Do you need instruction or are all members of your group experts already?
• How much will it cost?
• How will you get there?
Tips / Advice:
• • The bigger the group — the cheaper the instruction costs (why not join up with Seniors from another Company or a Battalion event).
Safety Issues / Risk Assessment:
Winter sports are dangerous so follow the advice and instructions of the instructor.
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 92