96 play Time
Challenge: Make a new game. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 96
No matter how old we are we all enjoy having fun by playing games. Now you’ve got a chance to make up your own. You might like to think about the following:
• Creating a set of rules on how to play the game.
• The type of field or playing area the game will be played on.
• What skills are needed to play the game?
• How long the game lasts? (e.g. innings, quarters, periods, or play to a certain score.)
• Safety factors for the game and players.
• A name for the game.
Here is an example called "Badball”. The game is played with badminton racquets on a basketball court. A team of 3-6 players each with a badminton racquet take it in turns to hit the shuttlecock, passing it to each other from the centre circle. The shuttlecock must not hit the ground, and a player cannot hit it consecutively. The aim of the game is to get the shuttle cock through the basket. me shuttlecock must be hit by at least three different players before points can be scored. Points are scored as follows.....
• one point — for hitting the backboard or rim
• two points — for getting a basket
• three points — for getting a basket outside the ‘V’ or predetermined area.
The game is played against a mythical opposition who gain one point every time the shuttlecock hits the ground. The first team to 10 wins.
Tips / Advice:
Test out the game, and see if any amendments need to be made to the rules as a result of your experience.
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 96
- challenge Plus
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements