105 Volunteer at a Christian Festival
Challenge: Undertake a volunteer role at a Christian Festival. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 105
• Warm clothes
• Sun screen
• Entrance tickets
• Money to buy food during the event.
• Weekend visitors may require their own tent, cooking facilities etc.
You will need to choose at which festival you would like to be a volunteer. There are many different Christian youth festivals that take place. The Boys’ Brigade hold a number of festivals each year...
• Turning Point (in Northern Ireland, during April) — www.turningpointni.org.uk
• Firm Foundations (in England, during May) — www.firm-foundations.org.uk
• Northern Saints (during August) — details from Felden Lodge.
• Life to the Max — details from Felden Lodge.
There are many other Christian Festivals look at the ones below and search for others on the internet
• Spring Harvest
• Soul Survivor
• New Wine
Each of the above Festivals have websites which will give you further details about the location of each event, what goes on, and what help is needed.
Tips / Advice:
• You will need to ascertain what duties you are expected to undertake, as a volunteer how long you would be on duty and what arrangements there are for food and drinks.
• Remember you normally get discounted entry into the event.
• Although you are working as a volunteer this is normally loads of fun, and you get plenty of opportunity to enjoy the festival as well.
Safety Issues / Risk Assessment:
• Make sure that you are fully briefed on all the necessary safety issues and procedures for undertaking the role.
• If you don’t feel safe doing something, don’t do it!
• If you don’t know what you are doing, ask someone! There are plenty of people available to help.
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 105
- challenge Plus
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements