Challenge: Attend and Contribute to a youth forum. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 107
Every young person has the right to have their opinions and ideas heard and respected. Youth forums and youth parliaments enable young people to use their energy and passion to change the world for the better. They are run by young people for young people to use their voice in creative ways to bring about social change.
Have a look at the UKYP and partner organisations websites listed below and find your local youth forum.
• UK Youth Parliament — www.ukyouthparIiament.org.uk
• Wales — www.funkydragon.org
• Northern Ireland — www.niyf.org
• Scotland — www.scoflishyouthparliament.org.uk
• Ireland — www.dailnanog.ie
These organisations and others give you the opportunity to take part in decision making on a local and national level.
• Find out about their priority campaigns.
• Read the UKYP manifesto.
• Get involved. Start by attending your local youth forum and see where it leads.
Tips / Advice:
Have a look at these other organisations that allow young people to get involved in decision making:
• British Youth Council — http://www.byc.org.uk
If you would be interested in representing the BB at BYC get in contact at email@example.com
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 107