A1 Bible Story Modelling
To depict a Bible story using Fimo clay models. Taken from the BB Company Section Discoverer Pro Pack, Skills, Christian Faith A1
Clay modeling tool
Materials to build a background such as cardboard, wooden lolly pop sticks
Fimo Clay Models template
• Read through a Bible story and ask the young people to highlight their ideas of what could be depicted in clay models. (The template sheet depicts the story of Noah’s Ark as an example of what —. could be done.)
• Write up ideas on a whiteboard or flip chart.
• From the list of ideas, decide which model each of the young people will make.
• If possible have pictures of suitable animals etc. which can be used to help make the model.
• Pre-heat the oven to 130 degrees and cook models for 10-20 minutes then allow to cool.
• Make a background and add the models to complete the scene.
Tips / Advice:
• Keep the models small and as simple as possible.
• Wash hands between working with different colours.
Safety Issues / Risk Assessment:
• Wash hands after use.
• Make sure the kitchen is well ventilated when cooking the clay.
• Models are hot after coming out of the oven — allow to cool before the young people handle
For full details see the BB Company Section Discoverer Pro Pack, Skills, Christian Faith A1
- bible story
- clay model
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements